On 28.6.2007, Aegean Motorway signed a Concession Agreement with the State for the “Design, Construction, Financing, Operation, Maintenance and Exploitation" of PATHE Motorway, Maliakos – Kleidi section.
More particularly, the Project Aegean Motorway has undertaken consists of:
- The reconstruction and update of the existing motorway extending over 230 km from Raches, Fthiotida Prefecture to Kleidi, Imathia Prefecture
- The construction of a new motorway section of 25 km, from Evangelismos - Larissa Prefecture to Skotina - Pieria Prefecture, which includes amongst other 3 twin tunnels, 20 bridges and structures,
- The construction and operation of 5 new Motorists Service Stations,
- The construction of 3 new interchanges, the Northern Katerini I/C, the Korinos I/C and the Aiginio I/C,
- The operation of the motorway for 30 years via a fully equipped Management Centre and lastly,
- The maintenance of the existing motorway for 30 years according to the international safety specifications